COVID: Testing- Getting the Vaccine and Information
Results in 20 minutes
Gentle Nose Only Swab
COVID TESTING: Your child has a cough, a fever and you want them to be seen by their doctor today:
We are now doing rapid COVID testing that is a simple nasal swab ( just liked the simple Flu testing we have done for years here at our office). Our usual screening questions help identify who should and can be tested at our office and we direct you on how the testing will be done. You wait in your car in the office parking lot after the testing and we let you know the results in less than 20 minutes. With a COVID test result that is negative, we can bring you and your child into the office to be seen by Dr Herd to help determine the non-COVID cause of your child's fever, cough etc.
For Dr Herd's registered patients and Dr Derieg's registered patients our office will bill your child's health insurance company for the cost of testing. For family members that are not our registered patients, the cost of the test will need to be paid prior to doing testing.
As with any testing or service at our office for registered patients, if your insurance company does not pay for the testing, are responsible for to pay for the cost of testing.
We are in the process of becoming a COVID 19 Vaccination pediatric site. What does that mean? We are learning more about that day to day and here is what we know so far:
1. 5 years old and up: Following The American Academy of Pediatrics ( AAP ) and CDC:
The AAP recommends COVID-19 vaccination for all children and adolescents 5 years of age and older who do not have contraindications using a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for use for their age.2.COVID Vaccine
2. COVID Vaccine Information : <---Click here to go to the CDC COVID vaccine for children information site
3. Our office/clinic has begun the process of being approved to obtain and administer the vaccine for patients already in our practice ( we will not be a community wide vaccination clinic).
4. The vaccine is not mandatory to be a patient in our practice.
5. We know that some parents and caregivers will not be ready to have their child be vaccinated against COVID 19 for a variety of reasons. We respect that. We also want you to know that we are not able to resolve disagreements between parents/caregivers when one party wants their child to receive the vaccine and one party does not.
Stay tuned for more information as we get closer to launching the COVID vaccine service for our patients.
Mahalo for being understanding of each others views and treating each other with respect,
<a href="https://www.freepik.com/vectors/health">Health vector created by freepik - www.freepik.com</a>